Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have recurring abcesses under my arm antibiotics work for a short time need something that will work?


Answer:
It would depend on where the abscesses are occurring. Yes, I know you said under your arm. Can I assume you mean in the armpit? As I said, it depends. Are you abcessing in a sweat gland, a lymph gland? Are the abcesses in the skin without gland involvement? Perhaps you need to have an abcess cultured to find out the organism is. Most likely Staph. Speak to your doctor. Your doctor can advise you on the best course of action.
try using a different deodorant
Is your blood sugar under control? Diabetes makes you prone to infection and it prolongs wound healing. Check your blood sugar specially your HbA1C (your average blood sugar level) and if it's not within the controlled level it might be causing your recurrent infection. I think its best that you consult your doctor for proper medication.Good day!
I guess you will have to try and find out the underlying cause if they keep recurring.Do you shave under your arms? Do you get these at certain times of the month? (could be hormonal), are you run down? (could be lymph nodes).Have a chat with your doctor and see what he says.Good luck and by the way, sometimes these things just clear up on their own in the end.
Diabetics are more prone to all forms of bacterial infection as bacteria grow well if sugar levels are raised. If the problem continues the only other option may be surgical. A diamond of skin can be removed from your axilla on each side. The removes most of the glands, whose blockage leads to the infection.
Only support to offer I'm afraid, so poor you. Years ago I suffered with recurring underarm abcesses for at least 6 months. I used antibiotics when prescribed and finally poked and prodded about and got loads of gunk out (not that I suggest you do the same of course!). Now my underarm is pretty scared and feels hollow under my skin in places. At the time warm bathing helped to express the gunk out of the boil like thing. Sounds gross but the first time I lifted my arm to see why it hurt it popped all down the wall!It hurts like mad I remember. I was sure it was brought on my using a hair removal product in the frst place. I avoided shaving the area to until I no longer suffered episodes. Used quite a few strong pain killers too.Best of luck hope it all goes away soon for you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net