Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have strepp throat, what should I do? (Details)?

I heard that takking antibiotics too soon will weaken your immune system, but I also heard that your body can't heal the tonsils by itself.I've had the strepp throat and a fever for about 3-4 days now. The fever has been on and off.Should I take antibiotics?
Answer:
When there is a fever involved, YES you need antibiotics. Also taking motrin will help along with gargling with warm, salt water every half hour or so.
You can drink hot tea with honey in it to soothe the throat also.
Drink plenty of fluids and gargle. By all means, go to the doctor and get on an antibiotic.
Hey just go an take a glass of water pour salt in it and Gargle. PS little bits at a time OK
YES! Otherwise you are contagious. You need to be on anti-biotics for 48 hrs before you are considered not contagious. You will need to get to a dr. asap to get these anti-biotics. I hope you get better soon. Take care.
The way I get rid of mine is, I eat apples and bananas and it goes away in 3 days. It works for me all the time. I haven't had that back for months now. Try it and see what happens. I hope it works for you. Good Luck!
I can't tell you how to get rid of it, but I can tell you what will make you feel better.
Find someone you don't like and give them a big kiss!!
Go to your Dr and let them do a throat culture to find out what antibiotic you require. Being continually exposed to antibiotics can eventually build up a resistance to them but there are so many different kinds out there now. I would not let that stop me from seeking help. I would be more worried about dehydration from days of fever, scarlet fever from letting strep go untreated, and infecting those around me.
If you've had the condition for "3-4 days" you are
defininately a candidate for the proper anti-biotic.
Get a prescription, take the whole prescribed course,
don't quit when you start to feel better.
Salt water gargles sometimes help.
If your trouble is tonsilitis it's a matter for a physician.
Few people know this, but hydrogen peroxide is good for a sore throat. Gargle with it in your throat in the morning and at night. Make sure that you do not swallow it! This may kill enough of the germs in your throat that you can get over it on your own. Orange juice and tea are both known to help your body fight off diseases. Drinking some of this each day would also be a good idea. If you are still very sick after 3 or 4 more days, you should definitely see a doctor. I hope this helps.
Streptococcus infection (strep throat) may eventually "go away". However, you are very likely to be left with cardiac damage (rheumatic fever). You must see a physician for a throat swab, get diagnosed, and take antibiotics. Antibiotics will not weaken your immune system. Antibiotics kill bacteria.
take antibiotics. By the way, the antibiotics are only used to prevent rheumatic fever, which could be fatal, not to cure any bacterial infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net