Sunday, October 25, 2009

I have epilepsy and yesterday was the first time i had a seizure in front of two friends?

it was so embarassing i totally dont even remember it but i remember flinching when the sun hit my eyes. my friends have noticed my eyes twitching in direct sun sometimes, but i never told them i had epilepsy. should i just say im sensitive to light or something, i dont want people to spread it and make it a big deal.
Answer:
Hun.. I don't know how old you are or how familiar you are with epilepsy - my husband has suffered from this condition for 10 years (and still is) ... there is a huge problem surrounding it - unfortunately he, like you, felt embarrasment and almost like it was his fault or that he should hide that he didn't have total control... If you are around these friends often, then yes, you should tell them, so they know what to do and not to do.. educate them.. . it's not something to be embarrased about.. God forbid they don't know what to do and try to stick something in your mouth or turn you on your back! If you were suffering from a heart condition or diabetes, would you hide it? No, you'd want people to know what to do - it might just save your life one day. Please, consider my words, and email me anytime.. I held my husband through 78 what used to be called Grand Mal seizures ( now tonic -clonic), hundreds of partials...
If your friends can accept you tell them to get lost, I hope noe one has to go thru what you go thru.
just tell them the truth, there is nothing to be embarassed about. they are your friends and im sure they just want to know whats going on and that you are alright.
I don't have epilepsy, so I can't relate to that part; I will say, however, that I have diabetes, and the needles and such can freak people out a little bit. If the people in front of whom you had a seizure are really friends, they will simply be concerned for you, rather than being upset for their own sake. If they treat you in any other way, it's time to find new friends!
i think u should tell ur friends. if they were ur real friends they woul keep it between them if u didnt want them to tell it to anyone else.my friends brother also has epilepsy. i keep it to myself because i know that could be embarrasing for him

i hope i helped!
Ashley
I can't really think of any reason a friend would think anything bad about you having epilepsy. They may think there's something strange about you now, and if you actually tell them the eye twitching is actually caused by the epilepsy, they might understand you better. I don't think it's something you should lie about or try to keep secret. Friends shouldn't have a problem with it.
Thankyou for your question. Hopefully my answer will be of some help to you.Your epilepsy, as described, seems characteristic of being photosensitive epilepsy, which could be confirmed via an electro-encephalogram (EEG), since part of the test involves the projection of flickering lights into your eyes. Assuming you have been diagnosed with epilepsy, your neurologist should be able to arrange this test for you, including details concerning the prescription of specially tinted glasses to put out the glare from the sun or other flashing lights. This is a matter that can be confirmed very easily.As for your friends, well, do you think that may be it is the case that your friends have many questions they would like to ask you, but do not know where to start or how to approach you? For many reasons, epilepsy has always been shrouded with difficulties in this area. This being said, people will either accept you for who you are or not at all. It does not mean you are at fault in any way.On the other hand, perhaps you would find it helpful to provide some light on your condition by helping your friends become more aware through gaining a better knowledge of your epilepsy. As for those who are not your friends, well, do you think that maybe the attitudes of others always cause the problems with regards to your epilepsy? But in the end do you agree that we have to accept people for who they are, given the epilepsy is still perceived as a stigmatised condition, when perceptions are not an indicator of the truth? This being said would you also agree that your friends may be afraid of your rejection, as much as you are of their rejection?Therefore do you also agree that it is solely about accepting people for who they are? But, if your friends could not accept you for you are, do you not think you should ask yourself if they were friends at all?Perhaps you may like to give the helpline to the National Society for Epilepsy a telephone call. Their number can be found on the web and it will open tomorrow morning. Please do email me to let me know how you got on.Many thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!!
    I want to especially thank Dr. Godsent Yare for helping me get cured of the Genital Herpes Virus. I was diagnosed last 2 summers and my doctor said no cure for the virus. I was in big trouble until I saw this sincere sounding YouTube post-https://youtu.be/Uw-l6rfcOl4 online testifying about Dr. Godsent Yare, How he cured A lady with ALS/MND disease using his herbal healing cure. I contacted him based on the good testimonies I was seeing about him on the internet, how he cured so many people from different diseases and Viruses with his roots, herbs, and healing oil. I placed an order and received medicines after 4 working days and commerce treatment as instructed, now I'm happily sharing my own testimony to the world that I'm cured. If you need help to cure HSV1-2 or any other disease or virus, contact him today on his email; dryareherbalcurehome@gmail.com Or Call/Whatsapp his number on +2348164653711, +2348148010628. I hope that everyone reading this post should share and refer to others who need help to cures to Dr. Yare's website; http://bit.ly/2dBFYeW for additional information. When people know better, they do better! You will be glad you did.

    Covid-19 Pandemic is real, stay home stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

vc .net