Sunday, October 25, 2009

I have high cholesterol and I'm starving?

About Two weeks ago i went to the doctor. He told me that i have High Cholesterol.. And that i can't eat Red Meats. I've been eating nothing but fish, Salmon, nuts, Fruit. vegs. and i'm sick of it!. I'm a big red meat eater. I dunno what to eat. In top of that i'm taking antibiotics therefore i have to eat 4! Times a day so i can take that pill. I go to the gym everyday. I quit smoking (about 4 months ago). But i'm going nuts!! I'm hungry. i feel tired coz i rather not eat. i go to the grocery store and they sell nothing but fat things. i need a snack. Please Advice.
Answer:
I know what you mean girlfriend.I was just like you at one time.Mine was over 600 at one time.Then it came down to 283.with no drugs.I started a low fat [saturated] diet and now it is 163.
Try eating lots of wheat bread and lean turkey.Also add more vegetables to your diet.Don't eat just any nuts.Almonds are low in fat and they are recommended by my doctor.
Fruits are a great way to snack.But make sure they aren't in heavy syrup.I also eat tuna fish sandwiches.You can still splurge once a week with a meal you like.
Read the labels on foods to see that they don't contain saturated fats.
I also take 500 ml of garlic a day.This helps keep your heart healthy and cut down on your cholesterol.try this link: www.cholesterol.about.com
Exercise more. My girlfriend's dad is a martial arts expert, is in his fifties, eats lots of red meat and is as healthy as a bull with perfect cholesterol levels. However, he does take care of his body too, by downing healthy foods like the occasional bowl of oatmeal in the morning.
Removing red meats from your diet because a doctor thinks that this might lower your cholesterol is stupid. I am not a doctor but I am a person is capable of research. Firstly, a doctor might tell a patient that their cholesterol is high without telling them what the numbers are. If the good cholesterol ( HDL ) is making the total cholesterol number high then your cholesterol is probably just fine. If the bad cholesterol ( LDL ) is what's making the total high then that is another story.They don't tell them anything about ratios. Also, what you want to do is raise your natural statin, glucagon,in order to lower the bad cholesterol. To activate your glucagon you have to stabilize your insulin. By removing the things that you think causes high cholesterol, you are probably rasing your insulin levels, hence you are hungry. By raising insulin levels you will paralyze any glucagon activity. There is just to many unanswered questions on your doctor's part to demand you to give up red meat. My cholesterol is well within the "normal" range and I EAT my red meat. I eat my chicken, fish,asparagus and zuchini also. One thing that I don't eat are foods that make my insulin run haywire. Eat to stabilize your insulin and you will normalize your cholesterol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net