Saturday, October 31, 2009

I have post-nasal drip and severe allergies, what can I do to make them go away?

Some people have told me I have post-nasal drip and severe allergies, what can I do to make them go away? After being active, when I breathe I have a wheezy sound in my throat from the mucus. I'm currently taking claritin, but I still constantly have to clear my throat. Does anyone know what this is, or what I can do to make it go away?
Answer:
I am allergic to my cats and i just learn to deal with it, because i love them. I get the same thing if i dont take my allergy medicine and mucinex. I take an allergy medicine (over the counter) Alavert and use with Mucinex (also over the counter) to clear your throat of phlem(mucus)...this is the best sure way, talk to a pharmacist to have them recomend a suitable allergy medicine...To me its important that i get non drowsy because i am very busy and it wouldnt be safe/wise to take an antehistime such as benedryl that has these side effects.If you do not take care of the post nasal drip, you may get bronchitis and have to see a doctor for antibiotics.I hope this helps! good luck and i hope you feel better soon :-)
Take some Sudafed.
Join the crowd. No joke put a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a full glass of water, drink two or three times a day, nasty, but eventually works. For that post nasal drip sore throat, good old salt water gargling. For stuffiness, eat something hot, horseradish will open up your passages. I'm not health nut, I smoke and drink, but this works if you give it a chance. Hope you feel better.
If you find a magic cure then I want it too.
I have had post nasal drip for 6 years now since my sinus cavity was torn during surhery having my wisdom teeth removed and I ended up with a sinus infection.
I have no cure however the below certainly help ease the symptoms:
:Zytec (antihistamine)
: Steam (vapouriser at night)
: Fez - saline flush
:Nasal sprays that contain steroid (however they make my nose bleed so don't use them unless have a cold.
You need an antihistimine (diphenhydramine is one, better known as benadryl) for your allergies and post nasal drip (aka runny nose). Runny nose is the body's way of secreting things that it reads as a toxin. Allergies are your body's over reaction to things that it doesn't like, so if your nose is running from say...flowers...then it is trying to get pollen particles flushed out your nose via snot...also snot is a protective layer in the nose that traps these particles from getting any further along the path of your body. So not only is the body stopping the influx of allergens by trapping them, it is reversing the flow.With regard to wheezing, that usually is associated with asthma, like too much air passing over too little space. That needs other meds, if you have asthma. Wheezing, if it wasn't so spooky, would sound almost musical. If you are a smoker, or know someone who is, you know the smoker's cough, it is a rumbly wheeze but nothing ever comes of it, it is just a dry hack that isn't relieved by coughing. Quit smoking. My mother died making these kinds of noises from complications of emphysema, which is the condition of the lungs being permanently inflammed, not able to expand and contract, and you can't get oxygen anymore because the air sacs in your lungs are stuck.But if it is from mucus, you don't have a wheezy sound you have a rumbly sound, because the stuff is literally being moved around in your lungs or throat and with enough force you would cough it UP. To encourage this (which is called a productive cough) you need an expectorant...the most popular one is in the medicine Robitussin and the ingredient is guaifenesin. It loosens the mucus from your chest so it can be moved out with a good cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net