Sunday, October 25, 2009

I have hypothyroidism and I am taking eltroxin...?

is it possible that my dosage isn't effective because even though I am on a diet I am still struggling to lose the weight?
Answer:
Depends how long you have been on it, it takes about 3 weeks to kick in. My daughter used her condition to help loose weight by not having the correct medication, now she is at risk of a heart attack. Hypothyroidism has more serious issues related to it than weight. The only person who can help is your doctor.
Have a blood test
In addition to eltroxin , you may try the homeopathic medicine Calcarea Carb. 30 taken few pills 3-4 times a day for a month. If it makes you feel better, then you can try Calcarea Carb. 200 taken once a day for a a fortnight and then Calcarea Carb. IM once a week for 4 weeks.
I also have hypothyroidism and I am also taking eltroxin 0.1mg.
You didn't tell me your dosage..
BUT it takes about 3 to 4 week to be in your blood stream
and then another blood test must tell you if the dosage you are
taking is meeting the normal values on the T3 T4 and T7.
Your doctor, when result are presented to him will then
titrate your medication, slowly until you start to feel better...
The medfication alone will not work as a diet aid.you must
eat less and right, and you also must exercise..
Yes, it is possible that you aren't on enough medication. Most likely your doctor is adjusting the dosage by TSH. TSH must always be done first thing in the morning to get the most accurate reading. Also, the morning TSH needs to be around 1.0 for weight loss to happen with diet %26 exercise.

1 comment:

Blog Archive

vc .net