Sunday, October 25, 2009

I have food poisoning and need to know what's best to eat?

I just came back from a camping trip. On the last day, my neighbor offered me a hamburger. I ate it... ever since I ate it I have had abdominal cramping, diarrhea and major nausea. I have a mixed sensation of hunger with nausea and I'm afraid to eat, however I need to. I realized soon afterward that she had arrived at the campsite 5 days before hand, and had it in a cooler of melted ice. I feel awful. I do not have medical insurance and cannot afford to go to a doctor. The closest medical facility in walking distance( I walk) is the Union Hospital.. which would cost me emergency room charges as well.. HELP! I want to order lunch so that I don't have an empty stomach, any suggestions?
Answer:
One, you need to hydrate. Either drink gatorade or 7 up. Not sprite, 7 up. Don't ask why, but there seems to be a difference. (and no cola)
Secondly, eat saltine crackers. Not, club, or hiho's, ritz, etc, saltines. They help to absorb the bad stuff (I won't use "technical" terms) in your intestines.
Good luck.
maybe some broth and crackers or soup and crackers something very light and not any kind of seasonings and oils . Hope you feel better soon .
when you have food poisoning you shouldn't eat anything. You should drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated though. There is not cure for it without getting your stomach pumped. The only thing to do is flush it out. Food will just cause you to vomit more than you already need to. Also, turn the heat up high so you can release the toxins through your pores as well.
Try the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice applesauce, or toast (dry). Do try to keep liquids in you. Sometimes, I've found that saltine crackers work best with nausea. Clear liquids like 7-up or ginger-ale might help. Hope you feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net