Saturday, October 31, 2009

I have MS. I'm currently on Rebif-Beta Interf'n. can barely walk. Are there any other drugs that can help?

I am finding out about other drugs on %26 off NHS but I have been offered no real help. I am at the end of my tether. I've heard about LDN and i'm looking in to it. I'm going to need a wheelchair soon if I carry on like this, I'm already needing a stick. Please send me as much info on these as possible. Thanks.
Answer:
my auntie has had it for as long as i can remember and over last 6 years has become dependent on walking aids - can only go out on her scooter, walks round house with frame or stick. only thing that helps her these days is a joint which she never did before she was like this. she found out about new drug trials but was told it was a postcode lottery and she missed out. apparently they don't offer it more widespread coz of the cost however it actually costs less than to give a junkie methadone treatment which makes me mad. anyway try to keep on at your doc to get you on any trials or drugs that might help. In the meantime find yourself a decent marajuana dealer and try to keep your spirits up. All the best
I've been told that cannabis helps - there was a move a while back among people with MS to try and get it legalised for their condition.
Horrible disease - I have a friend who has to use a motorised scooter to get around and a cousin who was worse then went into remission and can now walk with just a slight limp.
Have you tried Avonex? My Aunt who has MS also, uses this. Its a weekly shot and she has had great results. As you know, with MS, you can have many exaserbations (sp?) so dont lose hope if you are having a hard time walking now- It may come back. Talk to you doctor about Avonex. Best to you.
hi i have ms and on my avonex, i always got in a oxygen chamber which really helps and take vitamin b and eat oilly fish and am bad on my legs too, i read in pathways that goat serum helps but its expensive, i wish i could help more but thats all i know sorry i hope u get something to help u and take care be postie its hard i know i want to know if u can have anything for fatigue i get so tired good luck and let u know if u find anything plz thanks
i also heard that cannabis helps, some one with ms told me this and he found it helped more than perscribed drugs
MonaVie juice has helped improve the quality of life in some MS patients. It would certainly be worth a trial since it does not have any negative side effects.
Have you investigated the possibility that you-like many other ms patients-have lyme disease? I am not saying you have it,but you might. If you want to look at the sites below,they may offer new treatments.
Hi I have Ms too but don't get any DMD's, I'd say have a chat with your MS nurse if you have one - it may be that another DMD would suit you better, or get your GP to refer you to the neuro to discuss it with him/her.You may meet the criteria for Tysabri - I've been told nothing but possibly chemo. But I'm still going to ask! You may already look at, mssociety.org.uk, but if not there is plenty of info and pdf on treatmentd etc. Good luck!
Mr Bigs, as I've mentioned before Lymes is routinely tested for, as is Hughes. Somebody already prescribed DMD's has MS!
cannabis does help you may not agree .if you decide to try it it mite feel weird at first like sleepy but it wont hurt you you will get used to it.let me no how you get on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net