Saturday, October 31, 2009

I have major ezema skin problems. Now I have dark scars and blood under my thighs and one on my arm?

So I have had realy sensitive skin since I was born. I guess I itch in my sleep and since i'm tan I get weird color scars almost like a dark brown color and they don't stop itching no matter what kind of ointment I put on them. So if any of you know please let me know. Thanks
Answer:
Did you consider that you might be allergic to something? I've had eczema all my life and at the age of 20 I finally figured out it was linked to allergies. In my case, the main culprit was wool. Try eliminating wool from your wardrobe and using fragrance and dye free detergents/deodorants/soaps and other products to see if it helps. It did wonders for me!By the way, I tried all kinds of skin products and none of them worked very well. I liked Eucarin the best. It has an emollient that's supposed to be really good for eczema, but honestly my skin still itched when I used it. There's also a prescription drug called Elidel that suppresses your immune system right under your skin to stop the itching. It helped me for a while, but I stopped using it once they discovered it caused cancer in children.
Itching can be caused by insect bites like mosquito bites, heat rashes or allergic reactions.Aloe vera gel , apple cider vinegar or vitamin E oil can be effectively used on the affected skin. More cheap and natural remedies for itching at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/itching.html...
Ask your dermatologist if Protopic would be a good solution. It took care of the issue for me.
I babysit for a little boy who has these similar problems. The Dr. prescribed him cortisone cream. Not over the counter strength. Also when my son was little he had cancer and the chemo he went through caused him some skin problems. The Dr. prescribed again the cortisone cream, I'm thinking it was 1%, but they had us buy some Eurecerin cream (spelling may be off a little) from the store, it is a little pricey, not too bad considering the alternative and mix the two together and it worked wonders. If your problem continues I would definetly try to set something up with a dermotologist. You don't want to scar your whole body up. One more thing that may help is wearing sunscreen, I know that seems trivial, but every little bit helps. I'm so sorry I can't be more helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net