Sunday, October 25, 2009

I have had a horrible cough for 3 weeks, what can I do? (I'm also a nonsmoker!)?

About 3 weeks ago, I woke up at about 8am and had a very hard time breathing. It lasted till about 6pm until I called my mom (whose a RN), she told me it sounded like an asthma attack and told me to go to the store and use an inhaler called Primatine. I used it and it worked great. Now, 3 weeks later, I have an awful cough. I was able to cough some stuff up, and now it is just dry. I have tried everything to get rid of this cough... cough medicines, allergy medicines, everything... my mom has even given me some medicine. Anyway, I don't know what to do now... my mom knows I don't have health insurance and says she can take me to a doctor that can help me, but again... the not having health insurance part is keeping me from going. This morning I had a pain in my chest, which felt similar to heart burn (I used to get bad heart burn from time to time)... and now I'm a little worried. Does anyone have any thoughts or should I just get over myself and head to the doctor?
Answer:
you need to go to the doctor. it sounds like there is something more serious going on than you know.
Does your house or anywhere you've been to have a mold or something on the ceilings? Here's the thing, when mold is found on the ceilings of a house or any building, it spreads in the air and when you inhale it, it goes directly to your lungs and starts to attack it. You do get a harsh cough after you have inhaled it, it might also lead to bronchitis. For 3 weeks of coughing, going away then coming back, i'm not going to say its bronchitis, but you must check with your doctor if it is. It can be curable but you must get it checked out right away. My girlfriend has the same problem only she doesn't want to believe it's bronchitis. I know you don't have health insurance but maybe u should talk to a friend or relative and they might help you out. Home remedies might slow it down and if you eat right, you'll slowly get better. But i advise you, go to a doctor as soon as you can. Hope this helps, best of luck and take good care of yourself
go to the damn doctor. it could be bronchotis or something. i was just procribed zithromax for that on friday.your mom can only help so much being a nurse, a doc can tell you what you need to hear and give you what you need to feel better.feel better.
i also had bronchotis in nov too had the same pain in the upper left back that was accompanied w/shooting pain down my arm. think it was a pinched nerve or slipped disk from coughing so hard.
well there could be something in the air that is aggravating your bronchi.. it sounds like bronchitis(or however u spell it) ... try going to your doctor and tell him(or her) about it... if they need to they wil send u to an allergist
go to the doctor. don't be hard headed. thats what their there for. you don't want it to turn into something else, that could be worse. just go and make payments ifyou have to. it's better to be safe than sorry.
You should go to the doctor...request a chest x-ray. I went 6 months with a dry cough and difficulty breathing...I waited to late and now I'm dealing with sarcoidosis. Not neccessarily caused by smoking..it effects the lympnoids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net